You may require this permit if you intend to undertake an action that is otherwise prohibited. This includes any of the following actions undertaken for any of the following activities:
- scientific research
- promotion of fishing
- development of fishing technology
- educational and community awareness programs
- fish stock depletion or enhancement
- the collection, keeping, breeding, hatching or cultivating of freshwater fish
- certain sports activities that a person may be otherwise unable to conduct within the regulations due to disability
- any other approved purpose.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.