** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Permit to Affect, Interfere With or Change Flood Protection and Watercourse Works - Hobart City Council - Tasmania


You will need this permit if you intend to:

  • excavate or change the level of or topography of any portion of the flood protection works
  • open ground to expose a stormwater main
  • erect a building or structure on or over any portion of the flood protection works
  • construct any road or access way through or over any flood protection works
  • plant any trees or other vegetation on any flood protection works
  • install a conduit or cable through or under any flood protection works.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Administering agency

Hobart City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.