Permit to Camp, Keep or Occupy a Caravan on Private Land - Sorell Council - Tasmania


You will need this permit if you intend to camp on private land, or permit the land to be used to set up a caravan or any other mobile home. A caravan can be:

  • a caravan, house on wheels, covered van or trailer
  • a structure, awning, veranda, lean-to, tent, carport or other enclosed or partly enclosed area capable of being used attached or with any caravan
  • any vehicle used or adapted for occupation.

Gaining this approval may be dependent on your proposed method for the disposal of night soil and sullage water.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

A permit will not be issued unless the disposal of sewage has been approved by a Council Officer.


As specified


1 January


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence All $360.50

For the first caravan for a calendar year. Fees for 2023-24

Apply Licence All $177.50

For subsequent caravans. Fees for 2023-24


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Administering agency

Sorell Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.