Permit to Conduct Activities in a Mall - Tasmania


You will need this permit if you intend to undertake any activity in a mall. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • remaining in a mall when it is closed
  • erecting a stall, stand, structure, sign, banner or billboard
  • playing a musical instrument or any other instrument that produces a relay noise or other sound
  • use or operate any television, radio, tape recorder, compact disc player or noise-making instrument
  • organising, conducting or participating in an assembly, meeting, reception, party, or concert
  • engaging in preaching, public speaking, busking, selling raffle tickets or taking up a collection of money
  • participating in an organised sport, contest or game
  • possess, consume or sell liquor
  • buying, selling or giving away any product or service
  • riding, driving or using a bicycle, tricycle, skateboard or in-line skates, or other vehicle.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to ensure that you meet any insurance requirements.


As specified

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Administering agency

Your local council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.