Permit to Conduct Activities in a Public Place - Huon Valley Council - Tasmania


You will require this permit if you intend to conduct activities in a public place. Public places include reserves, parks, marine facilities, car parks or roads. Activities include but are not limited to:

  • amusement or entertainment for financial reward
  • erecting cairns or memorials
  • re-fuelling a vessel at a marine facility
  • assemblies, preaching or public speaking
  • balls, and dances
  • bands, concerts or other musical entertainment
  • beg, solicit, induce or collect gifts, whether of money or other item, for any purpose
  • climbing buildings, trees, shrubs or any other structures
  • deposit refuse, waste or noxious waste
  • driving, parking or leaving a vehicle, except on a constructed road set aside by Council
  • dismantling, painting, washing or repairing a vehicle unless it is necessary in order to enable the vehicle to be removed from the road
  • parking or leaving a vehicle for the purpose of offering the vehicle for sale
  • leaving or abandoning a watercraft
  • fairs and fetes
  • functions, parties or receptions
  • marking out a track or route
  • games, pastimes and public entertainment
  • landing or launching an aircraft in a recreation reserve
  • consume, possess, sell or supply liquor
  • dropping any article or thing from an aircraft onto a recreation reserve
  • raffles or prize contests
  • ride or lead a horse
  • activities with animals
  • using skates, bicycles, skateboards or similar
  • collect wood or timber
  • distribute advertising or promotional activities
  • mark, write or deface Council property
  • organised sporting activities, contests, competition, practice or training.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

An application for this permit must be accompanied by:

  • a statement specifying the type of activity proposed
  • a statement detailing the required period of the permit
  • a scaled drawing showing location and extent of the activity
  • any other information the General Manager may reasonably require
  • payment of any applicable fee.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the Permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for fee information.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Application for Permit to Conduct Activities - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Local law(s) name

Council Land and Recreational Facilities By-Law 1 2017

Roads (Local Highways) By-Law 1 2014

Administering agency

Huon Valley Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Enquiries Officer, By-Laws Unit

Huon Valley Council

Operating address: 40 Main Street
Huonville, Tasmania 7109
Mailing address: PO BOX 210
Huonville, Tasmania 7109
Phone: 03 6264 0300
Fax: 03 6264 0399
Website: Huon Valley Council (Opens in new window)