Permit to Make a Noise in a Public Place - Burnie City Council - Tasmania


You will require this permit if you intend to create noise within a public place. A public place includes any reserve, park, recreation ground, natural area, car park, road or highway.


This permit will be required for any of these activities:


  • deliver any address, preach to or speak to an assembly
  • organise a concert, play a musical or any other instrument that produces a relay noise or other sound
  • use any broadcasting or amplifiers, loudspeakers, sound systems, loud hailers, radio receivers or devices
  • use or operate any television, radio, tape recorder, compact disc player or noise-making instrument

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit your application must:


  • be in an approved form
  • be accompanied by any specified documents
  • be accompanied by the required fees.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Local law(s) name

Public Reserves and Public Buildings By-Law 1 2011

Administering agency

Burnie City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.