You will require this permit if you intend to occupy or barrier a road or highway to undertake works. Works can include:
- carry out works on or under a road or highway for any purpose
- place any object on a road for the purpose of preventing or inhibiting parking
- deposit or drop any material or allow any material to flow, fall, be dropped or in any other way be deposited
- lay underground services
- make or reinstate a hole or excavation
- remove, damage or interfere with a temporary traffic signal, sign, or erect a barrier or other structure to protect pedestrians or regulate traffic
- erect scaffolding or hoardings
- place freight containers or rubbish skips on the road
- use any part of a road or highway as a holding yard
- use a mobile crane or travel tower for building work.
In relation to this permit, roads and highways include:
- a local highway
- a road reservation
- any approved and constructed crossing, kerb, footpath, walkway, guttering, pavement or earth surface drain
- a mall.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.