You will require this permit if you intend to occupy or barrier a road or highway to:
- Carry out works on or under a road or highway for any purpose;
- Place any object on a road for the purpose of preventing or inhibiting parking;
- Deposit or drop any material or allow any material to flow, fall, be dropped or in any other way be deposited;
- Lay underground services;
- Make or reinstate a hole or excavation;
- Open the surface of any road or highway;
- Place or mix any concrete, lime concrete, asphaltic concrete, cement, cement mortar, lime mortar, tar, soil, sand, stone, firewood or other material;
- Remove or take materials from a road;
- Remove, damage or interfere with a temporary traffic signal, sign, or erect a barrier or other structure to protect pedestrians or regulate traffic;
- Erect scaffolding or hoardings;
- Place freight containers or rubbish skips on the road;
- Use any part of a road or highway as a holding yard; or
- Use a mobile crane or travel tower for building work.
In relation to this permit, roads and highways include:
- A local highway;
- A road reservation;
- Any approved and constructed crossing, kerb, footpath, walkway, guttering, pavement or earth surface drain; and
- A mall.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.