You will require this permit if you intend sell or give away an animal or animal material that has been, or is suspected of being, infected with a disease.
Animal material can mean any of the following:
- animal product (hide, hair, meat, or any other product that comes directly from the animal)
- fitting (boxes, cages or enclosures used for containing an animal, and harnesses, nets or equipment used for handling or keeping an animal)
- fodder (anything used, or intended to be used, as food or drink for an animal).
If the animal or animal material is infected, or suspected of being infected with any of the following diseases, the owner must inform the purchaser or recipient that this is the case:
- Paratuberculosis (Johne's disease);
- Ovine anthelmintic resistance (resistance to macrocyclic lactones);
- Ovine brucellosis;
- American foul brood;
- European foul brood; or
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.