Permit to Take Wildlife - Tasmania


You will need a permit if you intend to undertake activities with specially protected, protected or partially protected wildlife. These activities include but are not limited to:

  • take specially protected, protected or partly protected wildlife
  • sell partly protected wildlife or products of partly protected wildlife
  • possess an egg of a partly protected wildlife
  • buy, sell or possess restricted wildlife
  • hold an organised shoot
  • use partly protected wildlife as bait for a dog race or drag hunt.

If you intend to undertake activities that involve wildlife you should consult the agency to determine if you need a permit for your particular activity.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Nature Conservation Act 2002 Tasmania

Regulation(s) name

Wildlife (General) Regulations 2010 Tasmania

Approval time

Please allow four weeks for processing of applications.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment

Natural and Cultural Heritage

Wildlife Management Branch

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Wildlife Management Branch

Natural and Cultural Heritage

Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment

Operating address: Level 8
59 Liverpool Street
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 44
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Phone: 03 6165 4305
Fax: 03 6173 0253
Website: Wildlife Management (Opens in new window)