You will require a permit if you intend to undertake activities with specially protected, protected or partially protected wildlife. These activities could be to:
- take specially protected, protected or partly protected wildlife
- sell partly protected wildlife or products of partly protected wildlife
- possess an egg of a partly protected wildlife
- buy, sell or possess restricted wildlife
- hold an organised shoot
- use partly protected wildlife as bait for a dog race or drag hunt.
Please note that these are only some examples of activities requiring a permit. If you intend to undertake activities that involve wildlife you should consult the Agency in the first instance to determine if you require a permit for your particular activity.