You will require this prior written approval from the Authority if you intend to undertake any of the following activities at a State jetty:
- berthing an unregistered vessel or a vessel that does not hold a current national certificate of survey or operation
- berthing a vessel unmanned on a load and unload area
- altering a jetty, including the installation of any lifting device, crane or utility service
- berthing a vessel alongside a restricted area in excess of any time limit specified by the Authority and displayed at the State jetty
- erecting, exhibiting or displaying a notice, sign, bill, poster or advertisement on a State jetty
- berthing an unseaworthy vessel (work on a vessel may render it unseaworthy)
- swimming or diving within 30 metres of a State jetty
- carrying out repairs or maintenance on a vessel for a period in excess of three days
- conducting commercial activities, including selling, letting or hiring any goods, vessels or property.
A State jetty is any marine facility, including any utility services, which is managed by the Authority.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.