You will need an authorisation if you intend to undertake certain activities in National Parks, reserve land and other Crown land.
Activities most commonly requiring an authorisation are group activities (such as carnivals, sports events, regattas or charity events). Other activities that may need an authorisation include the following:
- interfering with any materials, formations or buildings
- interfering with fauna
- interfering with or removing items
- lighting fires
- taking an animal into a national park or reserve
- using a metal detector or chainsaw
- using a vehicle or an aircraft
- operating a drone.