You will require this licence if you intend to undertake plumbing work. Plumbing work includes installing, altering, maintaining or disconnecting a plumbing installation such as refrigeration, sanitary plumbing and drainage, stormwater drainage, water services, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, hydraulic, liquid fuel, medical gas or pneumatic.
There are several classes of plumbing practitioner licences:
- Plumber Practitioner - Sanitary/Water and Drainage, Roof (Stormwater) and Mechanical Services
- Plumber Practitioner (Restricted)
- Plumber Practitioner (Certifier) and Plumbing Permit Authority - Sanitary/Water and Drainage, Roof (Stormwater) and Mechanical Services
- Plumber Practitioner (Certifier Restricted)
- Plumber Practitioner (Provisional).
The plumbing practitioner licence can be granted on a provisional basis, where the practitioner is licensed for a period of less than twelve months to undertake one or more classes of plumbing work.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.