You are required to be registered if you intend to practise as an occupational therapist in Australia. You will need this registration if:
- you have direct clinical contact with patients
- your work impacts on safe, effective delivery of health services
- your work or insurer requires you to be registered
- you intend to use a protected title that is reserved for health practitioners
- you want to be eligible for Medicare and / or Pharmaceutical Benefit payments.
Please note that the types of activities considered a part of occupational therapy may be updated or changed over time.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.