You will require this registration if you intend to operate as a:
- controlled waste producer
- controlled waste transporter
- controlled waste agent
- controlled waste facility operator.
You may be registered under more than one of the categories above.
Controlled waste is a substance or item that is, or is derived from:
- an agricultural or veterinary chemical
- dangerous goods
- waste within the meaning of the National Management Plan
- waste within the meaning of the Commonwealth quarantine legislation.
A controlled waste producer or agent must apply for a controlled waste tracking certificate for each consignment of controlled waste. This certificate is issued upon payment of the required fee. The certificate is a requirement for the transport of controlled waste.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.