You will need this registration if you intend to use the title 'architect' in respect of any business that you carry on. Registration is also required if you intend to otherwise indicate that you are qualified as an architect.
Architects provide consumers of building services with a range of professional services, including:
- strategic and land-use planning
- urban design
- provision of preliminary studies, design, models, drawings, specifications and technical documentation
- coordination of technical documentation prepared by others as appropriate and without limitation (consulting engineers, landscape architects and other specialist consultants)
- construction economics
- contract administration
- monitoring of construction and project management.
There are three classes of individual architects:
- practising architect
- non-practising architect
- practising architect (automatic mutual recognition).
This registration allows you to become accredited as a building services provider under the Occupational Licensing Act. You will also need accreditation under the Occupational Licensing Act as a building services provider if the building project costs $20,000 or more.