You will need this registration if you are registered as a general or life insurer in Tasmania. A general or life insurer is a person or entity who:
- writes general or life insurance
- writes insurance otherwise than as an insurance intermediary
- has appropriate registration.
Duty payable may be a percentage of:
- the premium paid in relation to contracts of general insurance
- the sum insured by a life insurance policy
- the first year's premium of a temporary or term insurance policy
- the premium paid on a mortgage insurance policy.