To be eligible for registration, you must provide a Statement of Curriculum, which should demonstrate:
- the general philosophical and educational frameworks specific to the ethos of your school
- the structure of the teaching and learning program
- the planned scope, sequence and continuity of the curriculum
- the manner in which equity issues will be addressed (including details of student welfare policies and practices).
Additionally you must be able to:
- demonstrate that the space, facilities, apparatus and materials to be used are acceptable and appropriate and ensure the safety of persons using the facilities
- provide details regarding the kinds of students that will attend
- provide a statement of financial viability and a statement describing management and operations structures
- provide a process for dealing with grievances
- demonstrate that the school meets the standards for registration
- pay relevant application fees.
A school that is based around the principles and practices of a religion may apply to Anti-Discrimination Commissioner for an exemption on the number of students admitted in a specified year or into a specified year level.
The standards for registration can be found in schedule 3 of the Regulations.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.