You will need this registration to operate a pharmacy.
The operation of pharmacies involves the:
- compounding and dispensing of narcotic substances and restricted substances by a pharmacist on the prescription of a medical practitioner or other health professional
- sale or supply of potent substances
- sale or supply of medicinal poisons by a pharmacist or by an employee of a pharmacist.
To register your pharmacy premises you must supply details of the premises such as where the business will be located and the details of any individuals that will have a financial interest in the business. An individual is considered to have a financial interest in a pharmacy business if they are one of the following:
- a sole proprietor of a pharmacy business
- a partner in a pharmacy business
- a director, member and / or shareholder in a pharmacist company
- a trustee or beneficiary of, or unit holder in, a pharmacy business.