Regulated Water and Sewerage Connections - Tasmania


You must seek approval from the Agency if in the course of any building, developing, planning or plumbing work you need a new or upgraded connection or removal of an existing connection to water and sewerage infrastructure administered by the Agency.

In many cases a separate planning permit (including a submission to planning authority notice) or certificate of certifiable works must first be obtained indicating that a new connection or upgrade connection, or removal of an existing connection is needed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Other resources

Act(s) name

Water and Sewerage Industry Act 2008 Tasmania

Lodgement process


Applications may be posted, emailed or hand delivered to the Authority.

Administering agency


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

General Enquiries, Hobart Office


Mailing address: GPO BOX 1393
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Phone: 13 69 92
Website: TasWater (Opens in new window)