Roadside Vendor Permit - Huon Valley Council - Tasmania


You will need this permit if you intend to sell items or food from a roadside vehicle, market, fair or stall.

In the case of the sale of food from a vehicle, you will need approval and the food premises inspected by the council.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

If you intend to sell food, you will have to ensure that you:

  • obtain appropriate food business registration
  • comply with the Food Standards Code.

You may also need to hold a relevant insurance policy.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $186.00

Roadside trading permit (annual). Fees for 2022-23

Apply Application All -

Mobile food business trading permit (50% reduction for local registered Huon Valley mobile food businesses):

  • nominated sites: $328.00
  • other sites $186.00.

Fees for 2022-23

Apply Application All -

Application for footpath stall:

  • per annum: $328.00
  • per event: $19.00.
Fees for 2022-23


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Local law(s) name

Council Land and Recreational Facilities By-Law 1 2017

Roads (Local Highways) By-Law 1 2014

Administering agency

Huon Valley Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.