You will require this permit if you intend to undertake work as a shot-firer. Shot-firing refers to blasting operations which involve firing or priming explosives. Different categories of shot-firing include:
- underground shot-firing
- surface firing
- structural shot-firing (for use in demolitions, for example)
- pyrotechnical shot-firing (involving fireworks)
- special events shot-firing (e.g. firing a canon at historical re-enactments)
- agrarian shot-firing (often used in land clearing)
- exploratory shot-firing (often used in geological exploration)
- special operations shot-firing (any other shot-firing).
You are able to apply for more than one endorsement.
Please note, in almost all cases, before you commence shot-firing operations, you will also need to apply for a Security-Sensitive Dangerous Substances (SSDS) permit.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.