You must not provide single-use plastics for packaged food that you provide or sell that can be taken away from the premises and consumed.
The single-use plastic items banned are:
- plastic cutlery
- sauce sachets (such as tomato, soy or tartare)
- plastic takeaway hot food containers and lids
- takeaway plastic straws
- plastic lined noodle boxed
- plastic lined coffee cups
- plastic lids on takeaway cups
- plastic sandwich wedges.
Please note that this by-law only applies to single-use plastic containers with a volume less than 1 litre or an area equivalent to an A4 piece of paper (210mm x 297mm).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.