Stormwater Discharge Consent - Tasmania


You will need consent if you intend to discharge water onto the State road reservation. You will also need a separate service works permit if you intend to undertake any works on the state road reservation in relation to the discharge of stormwater. 

This may include any activities that have an impact on the State reservation drainage system. For example:

  • increasing the impervious surface area to be drained, i.e. new dwellings, driveways and subdivisions
  • construction of new stormwater infrastructure within the State road reservation
  • relocation or modification of existing stormwater infrastructure within the State road reservation.

Roads within the state road reservation are those that are a part of the state-owned road network. This network primarily consists of roads that provide connectivity between cities, major towns, rural catchments and key marine and air transport hubs.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Act(s) name

Roads and Jetties Act 1935 Tasmania

Approval time

20 business days

Administering agency

Department of State Growth