You will be required to comply with this code if you are involved in the generation, transmission, distribution and / or retail of electricity in Tasmania. This code provides details for the regulation of the Tasmanian electricity supply industry. The code offers information on the following matters:
- regulation of electricity markets
- dispute resolution
- electricity system operation and electricity system security
- connection to the distribution and transmission systems
- supply of electricity to customers
- sale of electricity to customers on the Bass Strait Islands
- safety and environmental codes of practice
- generation, transmission, distribution and retail pricing principles
- access to electricity infrastructure
- principles on which the Regulator is to base any direction, decision or determination
- principles for the separation of accounts and functions within electricity entities
- enforcement of the regulation of pricing
- any other prescribed matter.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.