You will need to comply with these standards to provide short term, centre based child care. Short term, centre based child care can only be provided by class 4 centre based child care licence holders.
Class 4 licence holders provide short term care to children in conjunction with a meeting, function or other activity that involves the parents of the children or other persons responsible for the children.
These standards outline the minimum requirements you will need to follow and cover topics such as:
- standards for fit and proper persons
- carer qualifications
- ratio of carers to children
- furniture, equipment and bedding
- safe environments
- administration and records
- emergency procedures, first aid and administration of medicine.