You will need to comply with these standards to provide occasional care for children between the ages of 0 - 12 years. Occasional care can only be provided by class 5 centre based child care licence holders.
Class 5 licence holders provide occasional care to children for periods of time less than 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 48 weeks a year.
These standards outline the minimum requirements you will need to follow and cover topics such as:
- standards for fit and proper persons
- carer qualifications
- ratio of carers to children
- furniture, equipment and bedding
- safe environments
- administration and records
- emergency procedures, first aid and administration of medicine.