You may be required to comply with this code if you intend to conduct a business or undertaking covered by the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations. This code provides information on mechanisms for consultation, co-operation and co-ordination between workers affected or likely to be affected by health and safety matters, and for the facilitation of worker participation and representation.
Undertakings which may require compliance with this code include:
- engaging workers to undertake work, or directing or influencing work carried out by workers
- conducting a business or undertaking which may put other people at risk
- managing or controlling a workplace or its fixtures, fittings or plant
- designing, manufacturing, importing or supplying plant, substances or structures for use at a workplace
- installing, constructing or commissioning plant or structures at a workplace.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.