You will require this approval if you intend to design packaging to be used for transporting dangerous goods on road or rail. This includes:
- portable tanks
- multiple-element gas containers (MEGC)
- tank vehicles
- pressure receptacles
- aerosol dispensers
- intermediate bulk containers (IBC)
- bulk containers and drums
- barrels, jerry cans, boxes, bags and composite packaging.
Packaging designs must:
- comply with, or be permitted by, the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG code)
- satisfy all the relevant testing and inspection requirements as set out in the ADG code.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.