Agricultural Chemical User Permit (ACUP) - Victoria


You may require this permit if you intend to purchase 'restricted supply' chemicals and use 'restricted use' chemicals.

People under the age of 18 can be issued a conditional ACUP, which does not allow the supply or use of Schedule 7 poisons.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


You do not require this permit if you are operating under the direct and immediate supervision of a Standard endorsed ACUP holder.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • submit an application form
  • provide any information that may be required
  • possess the required training, experience and qualifications
  • not have been convicted of any offences under the relevant legislation
  • pay any required fees.

First time applicants must complete an accredited course in agricultural chemical use before applying for an ACUP. Different training is required to use different chemical products.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

ACUP holders are required to keep specified records of all agricultural chemical products used within 48 hours of using the chemical product, and to keep these records for a minimum of two years.


10 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $60.40

Fees for 2023-24

Renew Renewal All $60.40

Fees for 2023-24


Act(s) name

Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Act 1992 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Regulations 2017 Victoria

Lodgement process


Please lodge your application form, fee, and all associated documents directly with the Agency.

Additional information

An ACUP is required to use agricultural chemical products that are Schedule 7 Poisons (Dangerous Poisons) or contain any of the following chemicals:

  • atrazine, metham sodium or ester formulations of MCPA, 2,4-D, 2,4-DB or triclopyr
  • 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) or PAPP (4-aminopropiophenone)
  • pindone concentrate (2.5% or greater) for the preparation of baits
  • gaseous methyl bromide
  • phosphine formulated as liquefied gas
  • timber treatment copper chromium arsenic (CCA).

An ACUP is also required for use in the post-harvest treatment of crops, and to purchase agricultural chemical products classified as restricted supply chemicals by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA), including 1080 pest animal bait products, endosulfan and mevinphos.

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Agriculture Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.