Approval for Works Within Road Reserves - Hume City Council - Victoria


You may need this permit if you intend to conduct works within a road reserve. Works include road excavation, construction, maintenance and interfering with vegetation.

Road reserves include roadways, freeways, nature strips and footpaths. You will need to contact the relevant Coordinating Road Authority (CRA) before undertaking any work on a road reserve. The CRA will vary depending on whether the road reserve is controlled by local, state or federal government. To determine which CRA is relevant please contact your council.

Please read the attached guide for more information specific to your activity.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To obtain an approval, the applicant must:


  • complete the application form
  • provide a copy of a sketch plan showing the proposed works, location and all assets within the vicinity
  • pay the prescribed fees.

Note: The applicant must supply to Council the name of the Work Manager or Contractor and Public Liability Insurer before this application can be paid for and accepted.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees may vary. Please contact the responsible council for more information.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Road Management Act 2004 Victoria

Lodgement process


The application must include a completed form; 2 copies of fully dimension scale drawings and site plan and specifications for the proposal.

Administering agency

Hume City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.