Approval of Underground Disposal - Victoria


You will need the approval of the managing water corporation to dispose of material underground by means of a bore. This applies to all bores, wells, excavations or any artificially constructed underground cavity used for drainage or collection of groundwater.

This approval is required for the disposal of any type of material. For example, farmers may need this approval for the disposal of livestock corpses.

You may also need a licence to operate works before using the bore.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval, you must:

  • apply in the form and manner approved by the Minister
  • accompany the form with prescribed information
  • pay any application fee.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Water Act 1989 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Water and Catchments

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.