Approval to Provide Courses for Overseas Students - Victoria


You will require this approval if you operate a school, university or another education organisation and intend to provide courses for overseas students.

International students have to complete an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) before entering into an approved school. You will need this approval to run an ELICOS programme.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval, you must:

  • meet all the national legislative requirements
  • pay the required fees
  • submit a completed application form and supporting documentation to the Agency.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Up to five years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $1038.00

Fees for 2017.

Vary Variation All $1038.00 Fees for 2017.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Application for Approval or Re-Approval for Registration on CRICOS - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All User Guide for Non-Government Schools Providing a Course/s of Study to Full-Fee-Paying Overseas Students - Please consult the responsible agency for more information.

Application process


Please lodge your application and any supporting documentation directly with the Agency. You will need to attach to your application form:

  • A copy of a Certificate of Registration of a Company, a Certificate of Registration of a Business Name (if different from the legal entity) or a Certificate of Incorporation as appropriate;
  • A copy of a memorandum of understanding with all providers who will be involved in providing the course/s, the role played by each provider in the delivery of the course/s and duty of care responsibilities, if applicable;
  • Evidence of NEAS (National English Language Teaching Accreditation Scheme) candidacy as well as details of the fees to be charged for the ELICOS (English language intensive course/s to overseas students) program, if applicable;
  • Copies of the policies and procedures documents as evidence of compliance with all the standards; and
  • If you are not in receipt of Commonwealth funding, provide evidence of your indemnity arrangements.

Administering agency

Department of Education and Training

Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

General Enquiries

Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority

Department of Education and Training

Operating address: Upper ground floor 4
2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 2317
Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Fax: 03 9032 1579
Other: 03 9637 2806
Website: (Opens in new window)