You will require this licence if you intend to undertake any of the following aquaculture activities:
- use or create a habitat (whether artificial, natural or both) to hatch, rear, breed, display or grow specified species for sale or other commercial purposes
- hatch, rear, breed, display or grow specified species for sale or other commercial purposes
- use and / or possess specified or general commercial aquaculture equipment
- stock fish into protect waters
- engage another person to undertake one of these activities.
Conditions of an aquaculture licence may vary depending on the type activity being conducted or the species being farmed. These include:
- All species of aquatic vertebrates excluding mammals, reptiles, birds and amphibians
- Sharks, ray, lampreys and other cartilaginous fish
- Aquatic molluscs, crustaceans and echinoderms.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.