You will require this certificate if you intend to export, move or possess prescribed material. Prescribed material means any of the following:
- plant or plant products
- use packaging or equipment
- soil, rock or other earth material
An Assurance Certificate is issued by an accredited person to facilitate the export of plants and plant materials. These are used to certify compliance with quarantine conditions specified by another State, before movement into that State.
An Assurance Certificate sets out the following details:
- the person to whom plant material is being delivered
- grower or packer of the plant material
- quality, type and origin of plant material
- condition, treatment and testing on plant material
- accreditation number of Assurance Certificate issuer.