You will be required to comply with this standard if you are a licensed pyrotechnician.
This standard specifies the requirements and precautions to be carried out, within a display site, for the storage, conveyance, handling and use of pyrotechnics for outdoor displays, and for conducting such displays. It includes:
- requirements for fire fighting equipment to be used at display sites
- standards about the use of mortars to fire aerial shells
- standards for treating unfired or misfired fireworks
- standards for securing display sites.
A pyrotechnician must not relinquish control of a display site before treating any unfired or misfired fireworks according to the requirements of this standard. A pyrotechnician must also ensure that fire fighting equipment that conforms with this standard is available at the fireworks display site.
The standard does not apply to pyrotechnics:
- for indoor theatrical and film sets
- for marine distress signals
- classified as shop goods fireworks and toy fireworks
- for model rocket motors.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.