You will require this authorisation if you hold a Commonwealth broadcasting licence and you intend to broadcast a major Victorian sporting event. This authorisation is granted by the event organiser.
Broadcasting means showing visuals or sound from an event or any part of the event. It also includes recording those visuals or sounds to be shown at a later time. This authorisation is required for all internet, radio and television broadcasting.
Events include but are not limited to:
- The Boxing Day cricket test, one day or Twenty20 cricket match at the MCG
- ANZAC Day AFL match,The AFL Grand Final
- The Australian Open Tennis Championships
- The Australian Formula One Grand Prix and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix
- Caulfield Cup Day, Cox Plate Day and the Melbourne Cup Carnival.