Authorised Disposals and Discharges - Victoria


You will require this approval if you intend to discharge waste into the environment or store / use waste on a premises in an emergency situation. This approval will only be granted for the purposes of:

  • meeting a temporary emergency
  • providing temporary relief of a public nuisance or community hardship
  • enabling the repair, commissioning, decommissioning or dismantling of any item of industrial plant or fuel burning equipment.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees can be found in the attached resource.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Application for Authorised Disposals and Discharges - Please contact the responsible council for application forms and registration details.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All EPA Fees (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Environment Protection Act 2017 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Environment Protection Authority Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Licensing Officer

Environment Protection Authority Victoria

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Operating address: 200 Victoria Street
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Mailing address: GPO BOX 4395
Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Phone: 1300 372 842
Fax: 03 9695 2610
Website: Environment Protection Authority Victoria (Opens in new window)