You will require this authority if you intend to undertake an organised activity on regulated waterways land.
Organised activities includes the following:
- boat races
- swimming races
- competitions and tournaments
- festivals and concerts
- fireworks displays
- any other organised event.
Waterways land is the bed, soil and banks of any waterway, as well as any land within twenty metres of a waterway, within the Melbourne metropolitan area.
This does not apply to waterways land that is:
- privately owned
- part of the docklands area
- under the control of a local Council
- part of a National Park
- managed under the other legislation.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.