To be eligible for this authority, you must:
- satisfy the agency that you and your associates are suitable to hold an authorisation
- not have been found guilty of a serious offence in the past ten years (this also applies to your associates)
- ensure that the locality, facilities and proposed security arrangements are suitable for the activities you will undertake.
The agency will carry out a full investigation into your application, and may refer a copy of your application to Victoria Police.
When deciding whether to approve your application, the agency will take into account the following:
- the character of you and your business associates
- whether your business has a satisfactory ownership, trust or corporate structure
- your financial background
- the suitability of all people who will be involved in the administration, management or ownership of your business.