Authority to Hunt in a National Park - Victoria


You may require this authorisation if you intend to hunt in a national park. Most national parks are closed to hunting at all times. However, hunting in specified areas of the following parks is permitted at certain times:

  • Alpine National Park and Avon Wilderness Park
  • Baw Baw National Park
  • Cape Conran Coastal Park
  • Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park
  • Lake Albacutya Park
  • Lake Eildon National Park
  • Mitchell River National Park
  • Tara Range Park
  • Nooramunga Marine and Coastal Park.

The location, times of year, type and calibre of weapons allowed to be used will be set out in the authorisation.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please note that to be able to hunt in a national park, you must have a game licence or authorisation to hunt, as well as a current firearms licence.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

National Parks Act 1975 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

National Parks Regulations 2013 Victoria

Administering agency

Game Management Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Game Management Authority

Operating address: 2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 4509
Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Phone: 13 61 86
Fax: 03 9092 1947
Website: Game Management Authority (Opens in new window)

Supporting information