You may need this authorisation to hunt in a national park. Most national parks are closed to hunting at all times. However, hunting in specified areas of the following parks is permitted at certain times:
- Alpine National Park and Avon Wilderness Park
- Baw Baw National Park
- Cape Conran Coastal Park
- Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park
- Lake Albacutya Park
- Lake Eildon National Park
- Mitchell River National Park
- Tara Range Park
- Nooramunga Marine and Coastal Park.
The location, times of year, type and calibre of weapons allowed to be used will be set out in the authorisation.