Authority to Hunt, Take or Destroy Hog Deer - Victoria


You will need this authorisation if you are a commercial business and intend to hunt, take or destroy free-ranging wild Hog Deer on your private property outside the prescribed hunting season. Hunting will be permitted during February, March and May in addition to the current April season.

You must be acting in accordance with your approved Hog Deer management plan to increase commercial opportunities for Hog Deer hunting on your property. You cannot charge for the deer, but you can charge for guiding fees, accommodation and access etc.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this authorisation, you must have an approved Hog Deer management plan and allow an onsite inspection. Only businesses that are registered to legitimately cater for Hog Deer hunting on private property will be considered.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must comply with any conditions placed on your authorisation.

The Agency may also audit the commercial nature of your authorisation. You will need to show evidence of commercial transactions to substantiate that a commercial venture is being conducted.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Act(s) name

Wildlife Act 1975 Victoria

Administering agency

Game Management Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.