Bee Farm or Range Area Authority - Victoria


You will need this authority to farm or range bees on Crown Land. A bee farm area must not exceed four hectares and no more than ten hives may be kept on this land.

A bee range authority may be granted for any unalienated Crown Land. This is any Crown Land not currently owned or held under a licence, lease or other arrangement (however, a bee range authority may be granted on Crown Land held under an agricultural licence or lease).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence, you must:

  • be a registered beekeeper
  • apply using the prescribed form
  • provide any information or documentation required by the Authority
  • pay any required fees.

The agency will also take into account the effect of granting the licence on:

  • fire management
  • other users and uses (current and proposed) of the public land, including recreation and tourism users and uses, and public land neighbours
  • road and access management
  • native vegetation clearance
  • reference areas and wilderness.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Period not exceeding one year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

No fees apply.


Act(s) name

Land Act 1958 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Land Regulations 2016 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Land Management Policy Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.