To be eligible for this permit your application must contain sufficient information to show that the building work will comply with the Building Act and Regulations.
This includes compliance with all Building Standards and Codes, the Five Star Energy Rating Standard, building in designated Bushfire Prone Areas, builder's registration and insurance or owner-builder certificate of consent.
For construction of a new building, you must typically include:
- Descriptions of the intended use of all buildings on allotment plans;
- Three copies of drawings, specifications and allotment plans in the prescribed form and copies of any computations or reports necessary to demonstrate building compliance;
- A soil report; and
- A copy of Certificate of Title.
To alter an existing building you must include copies of drawings and allotment plans that clearly differentiate between the existing building and the proposed building work.
To demolish or remove buildings you must typically include:
- Three copies of an outline and description of the building or part thereof to be demolished or removed;
- An allotment plan showing the location of boundaries and adjoining buildings, other buildings on the allotment, and streets, footpaths or crossings adjoining the allotment; and
- Specified computations or information relating to compliance of remaining buildings.
A heritage certificate may be required from the Heritage Council of Victoria to ensure compliance with the heritage status of the building and site. Please consult with Heritage Victoria in the first instance before commencing any works.
Additional consents may be required relating to the protection of adjoining property and/or dispensations from the local Council relating to such matters as building over an easement, building on land liable to flooding, fire risk, site setbacks, etc.
Please consult the Council or a private Building Surveyor for further information on specific requirements and conditions for this permit.