To be eligible for this permit your application must contain sufficient information to show that the building work will comply with the Building Act and Regulations.
For construction of a new building, you must include:
- Descriptions of the intended use of all buildings on allotment plans; and
- Three copies of drawings, specifications and allotment plans in the prescribed form and copies of any computations or reports necessary to demonstrate building compliance.
To alter an existing building you must include copies of drawings and allotment plans that clearly differentiate between the existing building and the proposed building work.
To demolish or remove buildings you must include:
- Three copies of an outline and description of the building or part thereof to be demolished or removed;
- An allotment plan showing the location of boundaries and adjoining buildings, other buildings on the allotment, and streets, footpaths or crossings adjoining the allotment; and
- Specified computations or information relating to compliance of remaining buildings.
A heritage certificate may be required from the Heritage Council of Victoria to ensure compliance with the heritage status of the building and site. Please consult with Heritage Victoria in the first instance before commencing any works.
Please consult Municipal or Private Building Surveyor for further information on specific requirements and conditions for this permit.