You will need this accreditation to operate a bus service with seating positions for ten or more adults (including the driver). This includes community and courtesy bus services provided free of charge.
If you provide any of the following bus services, you will need to be accredited:
- commercial bus or minibus service
- courtesy bus service using a bus with 10-12 seating positions
- hire and drive bus service using a bus of any size
- operators who provide services to school ages children using a bus of any size
- people who need special care or support due to age or disability using a bus of any size
- a council using a bus of any size
- community and private bus service in connection with the activities of a religious, educational, health, welfare, philanthropic, sporting or social body using a bus with 24 or more seating positions.
If your vehicle has a seating capacity of less than 10 seats (including the driver), you do not have to apply for bus operator accreditation.