You will require this licence if you are employed in a casino and intend to work in a prescribed capacity or perform prescribed duties. This includes in a managerial capacity, decision making capacity that may regulate casino operations, or in any capacity relating to the following activities:
- conduct of gaming or approved betting competitions
- movement of money or chips about the casino
- exchange of money or chips to patrons in the casino
- counting of money or chips in the casino
- security and surveillance of the casino
- operation, maintenance, construction, or repair of gaming equipment or totalisators
- supervision of any of these activities
- any other activity relating to the operations in the casino as specified by the Agency.
There are two categories of special employees:
- Category A: Managerial or decision making employee
- Category B: Any other role within a Casino.
A person that holds a current a Gaming Industry Employee's Licence may apply for this licence.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.