You will need a certificate of compliance for each radiation source that you use or possess. The radiation source is tested periodical against the radiation safety standards. A certificate of compliance will be issued by an approved tester if the radiation source meets the standards.
Radiation sources include:
- radioactive materials (including sealed sources)
- ionising and non-ionising radiation apparatus
- sealed source apparatus.
The following types of X-ray equipment, when used for human diagnostic imaging purposes, have been prescribed by the Regulations and will require periodic testing:
- plain film radiographic X-ray equipment
- mammography X-ray equipment
- fluoroscopic X-ray equipment
- computed tomography scanners.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.