You will need to comply with these standards if your organisation has any contact with people under the age of eighteen. These standards are designed to promote the safety and well-being of children who are effected by the operation of any relevant business. The scope of these businesses are:
- registered schools
- education and care services
- children's services
- intervention services
- health care services
- out-of-home services
- family violence or assault services
- housing and homelessness services
- youth services
- religious bodies
- residential facilities directed at children
- babysitting services
- amusement, recreational, sporting and cultural services
- counselling services.
These standards are compulsory and compliance may be monitored by the administering agency to ensure they are being met.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.