You can use this compliance code as a practical guide for how to meet your occupational health and safety duties or obligations in relation to confined spaces.
This information is particularly relevant for you if you are a designer, manufacturer or supplier of plant that includes a confined space, or if you are an employer whose work involves confined spaces. It uses examples and tools you can apply to your own situation.
It includes information on:
- what a confined space is
- who has duties associated with confined spaces
- what the duties are for designers, manufacturers and suppliers
- what the duties are for employers
- how employers can identify hazards and assess risks
- practical measures employers can use to control risks.